Monday, January 4, 2010

Love is in the air...






A few of my favorite people got engaged over the holiday weekend and I couldn't be happier for them. I love everything about love...especially weddings. But since my own wedding is now past tense, I get to be the crazy, psycho person constantly offering unsolicited ideas about save-the-dates, locations, colors; it's just non-stop excitement. But it did get me thinking about my own wedding, which got me looking back at some photos. So I thought I would share some of the highlights from my own big day as I anxiously await theirs.










Wedding planning was never crazy or stressful for me. It was just wonderful. I loved the idea of taking our wedding and having it reflect our personalities and interests: our faith, our love of laughter, the quirkiness Beau and I share and even the delight of a classic hot dog! We went for a very traditional ceremony and then let our peculiar side show in our reception at an antique shop's ballroom built to satisfy the owner's need for a good old-fashioned nightclub. Our wedding was perfect and while I'm sure most people are just being kind when they say it's the best they've ever been to, I don't even care because it was the wedding this little girl had dreamt of all her life!





No comments: