Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Old Favorite/New Favorite

Being in this crafty Style School has exposed me to so many inspirational websites with all sorts of new influences in the form of the blogs,websites and images not only from my fellow classmates and instructors but of the ideas that motivate them. It's led me to not only be more exploratory of their blogs but of the web in general to find blogs, images and websites that excite me and encourage my creativity.

In an effort to put a little bit more structure in my blog postings I'm going to start working on some blog post themes. I'm not sure if I'll have a regular schedule yet (specific blog post theme to correspond to a specific day of the week) but I definitely notice that I revisit the same ideas again and again so why not make them a regular post theme?

A couple of them will be:
"Style inspiration" (like the Zooey post from earlier this week)
Some sort of picture blog post (not sure of the name yet but like the rest easy post)
and finally "Old Favorite/New Favorite"

In Old Favorite/New favorite I'll post about art, music, crafts, etc. that I love that show the influence of an old favorite of mine.

So without further ado here it is.

Old favorite: Who doesn't love the work of Gustav Klimt?

Perhaps most famous is "The Kiss"


One of my favorites is "Mother & Child"


And just plain majestic is "Adele Bloch Bauer I"

New favorite: An artist originally from Florida named Casey O'Connell. She has beautiful modern approach to art that floods your eyes with emotion and your heart with butterflies. Looking at her work is like falling in love, or maybe falling for a crush. Either way I can't help but feel like I'm looking at a modern day Gustav Klimt when I look at her work. I look forward to seeing more from Casey and encourage you to check out her site. The only image that is currently available for purchase is When Freckles Collide but I'll try to keep you updated because if you're anything like me you're probably just excited as I am to get some of her art up on your walls.

"When Freckles Collide"


"The Things We Carry"


"Always A Bridesmaid"


"All In"

All images found here and here.

Enjoy!

No comments: