Sunday, January 24, 2010

Style inspiration: Zooey Deschanel


Image found here but I believe it originally came from here.

So I'm in this really fun class right now called "Style School". It's hosted by a group of really crafty ladies. The idea behind it is not only to inspire you creatively but also to help you realize and better express your own personal style be it in your dress, the way you decorate or merely in the way you craft.

One of the initial assignments in the class was to fill out a questionnaire answering some basic style questions (i.e. favorite color, time period, etc.). Some of the questions were hard to pinpoint but one question I had no trouble answering immediately was who our style inspiration was. For me that person is Zooey Deschanel.

This morning I was looking up info about that movie "500 Days of Summer" when I happened across this great feature on the Cotton website. Zooey is one of the Cotton industry's spokespersons. The site features this great interview with Zooey where she outlines some of the key elements of her own style.

I thought it would be a fun read for my style school friends and blog readers as well.

Enjoy!

No comments: