Saturday, May 30, 2009

"I carried a watermelon..."

Hmmm...I thought I published this to the blog a few days ago. So the timing is a bit off.


Do you remember that amazing line from Dirty Dancing? Yesterday "I carried a watermelon" all around the farmer's market because I knew if I didn't buy it right then and there I would forget to get one.

I also picked up a yummy cantaloupe at the market. I cut it up as soon as I got home and went to work (well not that much work really) pureeing it so that I could use it in a sorbet. I found a couple recipes, one on Recipezaar and one on Cupcake Muffin, that I used to get the measurements accurate and into the ice cream maker it went!

As soon as it got finished churning I had to sample it and it was delish. Light and fresh, it was a great addition to the cook-out we went to last night to celebrate the anniversary of two of our favorite people: Stephen and Christie. In fact none of the sorbet even made it home.

Side note:Cupcake Muffin's recipe makes an optional call for white wine which I didn't try but it sounds interesting. Let me know if you try it!

One more stop I made on the way home from the farmer's market was off to the local fabric store for some fabric. I found the cutest blues and greens. These guys (which I hope you can see in the fruit pictures) are going to turn in to a snazzy apron later this week. I can't wait...those monkeys are adorable!

No comments: