Saturday, May 16, 2009

A (not so) desperate housewife apron

So it's been forever since I busted out the sewing machine but I got bored a few nights ago and decided to put both my machine and a few fabric scraps to work to piece together a little apron. I'm really intrigued by those "desperate housewife" aprons that are getting so popular now. You know the kind you see at Anthropologie with their mis-matched fabrics and random details? Anyway, since it is a recession, rather than spend the $30 plus at a store, I decided to make my own.

This first attempt came out okay. I'd like to make a few tweaks but they are super easy and super fun. I was even able to use one of the felt flowers I made a few weeks ago. I think I will try out a few more this week while I'm on my staycation from work. If I get the hang of them I might just to crazy and post them on etsy. I also think they'd be a great fundraiser for LLS not to mention a fun gift for brides-to-be!

No comments: