Thursday, November 5, 2009

Things I'm doing these days...

So I just recently found a cool blogging group called Red Velvet Art and I'm currently a tad bit obsessed with all their cool projects and ideas. These ladies run a shop in Missouri of the same name. Missouri has never really been on my list of places to visit but I have to tell you it's creeping up there. Not only because of Red Velvet Art but they are definitely moving it up the list.

In any case, and this is a bit embarrassing to speak of, but I've always had issues with knitting. I would think I knew how but nothing I worked on ever turned out...until now. Inspired by a project I found on Red Velvet's site I decided I would try again and before I knew it, I was knitting (and purling)!

I found some great videos on the web that helped me along the way and this was one of the most helpful.

In any case,here is the end result:



I'm super happy with them and have since made a second pair for a lucky friend.

So what's next? Back to crochet, I want to make a Granny Square Afghan! And imagine my delight when this tutorial from Craft Stylish showed up in my inbox yesterday!



Hopefully I'll have an afghan by the end of the year!

No comments: