Sunday, October 24, 2010
Happy Anniversa-brie and fun dog pics
So as you may know, it was our anniversary last weekend. Since we went leafing on Saturday and brunching on Sunday, we decided to stay in on Monday (our actual anniversary) and eat a yummy home cooked meal. We had, my favorite appetizer, baked brie to start. Salmon and twice-baked potatoes and some yummy chocolate fondue for dessert.
Baked brie is so delish and it's super, super easy to make. You really almost feel guilty for the lack of work you put into it. I didn't follow a recipe this time around, but basically all you do is this:
-Puff pastry sheets (found in freezer section by pie shells)
-A circle of brie
-Whatever veggies, fruits, or bread/crackers you want to use to serve it
1) Let one frozen puff pastry sheet thaw. While you wait, preheat oven to 400.
2) Take the the puff pastry sheet and wrap it around the brie, trimming off and saving any excess. Be sure to pinch the edges shut.
Optional step) Take a cookie cutter and use excess pastry to put a star, heart or other shape on top.
3) Beat the egg and mix with water to form egg wash. Brush egg wash over surface of pastry-wrapped brie.
4) Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
5) Serve with raw veggies, fruit and bread or crackers.
Oh and as a fun bonus. Here are some silly/adorable pictures of those sweet pups of ours :-)
Finally...coming soon (like this week) a super easy, DIY version of the Lady Gaga Grammy that you can make just in time for Halloween!