Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Help Light The Night

Light The Night is a walk to benefit The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. The benefits of this amazing night go towards finding a cure and improving the lives of blood cancer patients and their families. This October hundreds of people will take the the night to walk in honor and memory of their loved ones that have had to battle this horrible disease.

Some of you may never have been affected by blood cancer in any way. I know I hadn't before doing my first Team In Training event. Now working at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society I hear stories every day of lives that are touched and lost to cancer. Just last week a boy my age lost his life to Hodgkin's Lymphoma. This is often referred to as "the most curable form of cancer". In this case, it wasn't. It claimed the life of a boy my age. I think of all the things I have left to do, the dreams I still want to accomplish, he'll never get that chance.

The fact is cancer doesn't care how old you are, what you have left to do with your life, your race, your sex, none of that matters. Cancer is cancer. If we find a cure for one type, we can find a cure for them all.

Help join me in the fight to find a cure. Donate now to my Light The Night walk site. My goal is only $300, but oh how far that $300 can go in our fight to end this disease!

http://pages.lightthenight.org/ga/Atlanta09/jollysing

No comments: