Thursday, May 21, 2009

More apron fun

Today was yet another day of very high wind and lots of clouds. Not the best day to lay out so I'm going to be the only person I know to take a week off of work and come back with no tan :-(

It did leave lots of time for crafting. Today I made several more heart squares for eventual posting to etsy, not sure when I'll get around to it because my hubby and I are packing up for a camping trip this weekend!



My favorite craft of both this day and my week of crafting has to be the apron I made today! I've had this pink picnic table fabric literally forever and never knew quite what to do with it. It was much to kitchy for most of the things I had previously considered for it. Today while looking through my scraps I figured out that I had enough other fabric scraps that coordinated with it to make a pretty snazzy little apron!

I didn't exactly have a pattern for this little guy but I think I'll go back and make one as it turned out pretty well. I consulted several blogs with apron patterns though in the process. If you're interested in making an apron check out Stardust Shoes or One Hour Craft as both blogs have great apron tutorials. I'll post again when/if I make a pattern.

No comments: